Sunday, May 17, 2015

Back


I injured my back 8 days ago.

It is an old injury I sustained long ago in a car accident. I was feeling really good about myself and I went up in weight on my back exercises. I also increased squats and I wasn't struggling to do the weight. I was on a super high! Then I put the bar down awkwardly and BAM! My back started to tighten up immediately. I haven't been able to sleep. It hurts to drive. 

I did teach Monday and Friday. Big mistakes. I was worse on Tuesday and Saturday. Today is Sunday and I woke up feeling ok. I reached for something early in the morning and that was it. PAIN! 

I am so frustrated. This is going to set my fitness back again to a point I was at a month ago. PISSED! I am praying for patience and trying to slow down. I don't know what to do. I want to do something in the gym now. I know I can't, but I want to. It is depressing. 

To keep perspective, one of the other instructors at my gym had surgery this week to get a pin placed in her hip. She is 29. She won't be in the gym for a while and she lived in the gym! She has it worse than I do so I will stop complaining right now and just deal. It will heal. I'll be back. I will push beyond my limits again...one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below