Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Benefits of HIIT

I have been saying this for years!

If you want to change your body, you have to put pressure on your muscles and tendons. Weights! Weights! Weights!

Now, I can officially say that incorporating HIIT in to your workout will give you quicker results. I am seeing toning in my legs and arms faster than ever by adding HIIT twice a week to my workouts. Of course, you can't eat bad and expect to burn it all off in the gym and you will never be able to work off a bad diet, so that is key. I am not a nutritionist, but there are easy ways to find good alternatives to your fave foods online. As I tell my classes, you get fit in the gym, you lose weight in the kitchen.

Take a look at this article for tips on food and why adding HIIT will help you reach your goals. I disagree that running with make you fat, but running alone won’t help you lose weight fast if that is your goal. I do know some avid runners that are not gaining weight. They are also cross training and eat clean. They love to run, but they know the benefits of confusing your body. Running won't make you fat! But cardio only won't help you get to your goals faster if you goal is weight loss. If you goal is completing a marathon, different story!

Please let me know your thoughts or comments on the article. Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below