Monday, April 20, 2015

13 years

Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. People say that it feels like it was yesterday but it really does. I keep telling my husband that we are just getting started! I strongly believe that. In the grand scheme of things, 13 years is not that long. It feels long because we have been together since 1996. That is almost 20 years together. Still feels like we just started.

We didn’t do much to celebrate now. We went to Monday burger night and I ate WAY too much. I swear I can’t walk out of that place without gaining 20 pounds. Saturday night, we went to the Rockets’ playoff game. They won! We had fun. We actually rooted for the same team. Lord help us if the Spurs and Rockets play each other in the next round.

Tomorrow, we head to NOLA for Uncle Steve’s funeral. Torrey is speaking at the service. He’s been thinking about what he would say for days now. My daughter wants to speak too, which means my son will feel obligated to speak. HA! He has to do what his sister does. Torrey was close to his uncle and aunt so he is being very thoughtful about what he will say. Our kids loved him. There is already slight drama but doesn’t that happen with every funeral? I told TA that I have been through enough funerals with my family to know that it is always better to rise above and take the high road. You will never feel better when you get on the lower level that some people go to during these times. It is not right. You won’t like yourself later and think of the people that you will possibly hurt in the process. Take the high road. It is better up there. I have seen family members take a swing at each other on the day of the service. It is crazy! Is this just my family? I never talk about this but I assume the crazy is usually contained in my family. Let’s hope it is not spreading.

TA is a really thoughtful person. One of the things I love about him the most is his forward thinking. When I am stuck on something, he is able to help me reason out of it in to a solution. He is the only person I know I have to bring my “A” game to when I debate/argue. He always pulls out something unexpected and smart. What a PITA! I know people say this about their spouses but he is a natural leader. He is someone people want to follow. He has worked on developing that skill and he is getting better and better all the time. He is a leader in every arena of his life. He is a YODA! (I think I am going to start a label and any time I talk about a leader I admire, I will tag it “Yoda”.) Anyone who knows me knows I would never choose to spend my life with a dud. He is far from it. He’s the best man I know. Maybe he’s the best person I know. He challenges me mentally and always pushes me to be better. I can’t say enough great things about him. He frustrates me weekly *coughdailycough* but there is no one else I would rather be with every day of my life. Everyone has a light, and he makes mine shine brighter. I know I do the same for him.

Here are some pics from our time together. I love my big lug!
Our Wedding day, right after we said “I DO"

House divided college edition. Game day! This was the game Johnny Football was suspended for half the game.
We won. They lost. :)

Our couple shower a month before we got married


We were dating in this pic. This was in Seattle when we went to visit Travis in college. This is TA with hair!

Alexis took this picture and used a photo editor. She was about 5 at the time. Her take on her parents.

House divided, NFL edition, at Jerry World. Cowboys won this one. YAY!

Date night at Tasting Room. Fun night for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below