Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter and other thoughts

We went to Alice, TX for Easter. The weather did not cooperate but we had a great time...until J got sick. Saturday night was not good for him. He had a high fever and threw up a couple of time. Poor baby! He just laid around and watch the Bugs Bunny marathon on TV. He loved it! He watched old school Bugs and laughed his head off. Those cartoons are timeless. Not like the ones on TV now. A few times he asked me to watch with him. I happily obliged. That stuff is hilarious.

He felt better Sunday and went with us to church that morning. During the homily, the priest asked that we reach out to those that could not be with us that day and wish them a happy day. I really enjoy this priest. He is so charismatic and authentic. He is a true leader. He's a YODA. You can tell because the service was packed. A few years ago, that church was empty on Easter and Christmas. When I look at leaders, I try to see if they have the "yoda factor". Do they have the quality, when they speak, that inspires you to get up and do something? We don't need another Luke. We need more Yodas. (If you don't understand these references, you are dead to me.) I have three key words that come to mind when I think of my leadership style: Passionate, Courageous, Authentic. I interchange the word courageous sometimes with inspiring. I try to be a yoda both at home and at work. I have a young female leader at home. I am doing my best to guide and inspire her to develop those inherent leadership skills. She really is a leader and already very charismatic. She is held back a little in being who she really is (the price of attending a small school) but I try to re-enforce her uniqueness and all the beauty in who she really is at home. She is going to be a great leader at whatever she chooses to do.

I am a day late but I would like to wish all those who read this a Happy and Joyful Easter! Whatever your beliefs, this is a great time to celebrate life and celebrate your family.

And also...GO BLUE DEVILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below